This stuffed tortilla chips recipe is a unique Tex-Mex recipe that you’ve never had before! Kids love it for being a finger-food dinner, and you’ll love as something different in your regular menu plan rotation!
The great thing about Tex-Mex recipes is that they’re usually like tacos in that you can include whichever “Mexican” ingredients you like or have on hand. The ingredients listed below include optional foods, so you can customize them the recipe to your taste.
Hubby’s Best Stuffed Tortilla Chips recipe is an exclusive HOme Ever After Tex-Mex recipe crafted by Michael Simmons.
- 1 tablespoon of margarine or cooking oil
- 1 Pack of small flower or corn tortillas
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Enchilada sauce
- Refried beans
- Taco meat (optional)
- Spanish rice (optional)
- Hot sauce(optional)
- Salsa (optional)
- Pepperjack cheese, shredded (optional)
- Green chilies (optional)
- Tomatoes (optional)
- Shredded lettuce (optional)
Directions for Stuffed Tortilla Chips:
1. Add margarine or oil to frying pan and heat to medium heat.
2. Build your tortillas layer by layer in the pan.
- Put down the bottom tortilla.
- Spread refried beans, taco meat, or both across the tortilla.
- Next, add cheese and wait until melty.
- Add your favorite veggies, toppings and sauces in any order you like.
- Sprinkle with a second layer of cheese.
- Top with a second tortilla.
3. After allowing to cook for a few minutes, carefully flip over tortilla so that the top side will also be heated and melty.
4. Remove from pan and transfer to a plate. Immediately sprinkle top with shredded cheese.
5. Allow to cook for 5 minutes, then cut into slices with a pizza cutter.
6. Enjoy your stuffed tortilla chips!
Did you make this recipe? If so, we’d love to hear your feedback! Did you make any adjustments to the recipe, or add your own twist? Tell us how your Hubby’s Best Stuffed Tortilla Chips turned out in the comments below or email us at tips(at)homeeverafter.com. You can even send in pictures of your dish.