Recipe: Creamy Mushroom Soup
Perfect for lunch or as a delicious appetizer at dinner, this Creamy Mushroom Soup recipe was whipped up for Home Ever After readers by the fantastic chefs at Kraft Foods. Plus, at only 90 calories per serving, you can incorporate this delicious soup into your New Year’s resolution diet to get you healthy and slimmed down.
Prep Time: 15 min. | Cook Time: 30 min. | Total Time: 45 min. | Makes: 10 1-cup servings
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1-1/2 lb. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 lb. baking potatoes (about 2), peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 qt. (4 cups) water
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) Philadelphia Neufchatel Cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, onions and celery; cook 6 to 8 min. or until onions and celery are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Reserve 1 cup vegetable mixture.
- Add next 5 ingredients to vegetable mixture remaining in skillet; stir.
- Bring to boil; simmer on medium-low heat 15 min. or until potatoes are tender.
- Add 1/3 of the potato mixture to blender; blend until smooth.
- Pour into large saucepan.
- Repeat with remaining potato mixture.
- Whisk in Neufchatel; cook and stir 2 min. or until melted.
- Stir in reserved vegetable mixture and parsley.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 90, Total fat 5 g, Saturated fat 3 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 210 mg, Carbohydrate 8 g, Dietary fiber 1 g, Sugars 2 g, Protein 4 g, Vitamin A 6 % DV, Vitamin C 10 % DV, Calcium 2 % DV, Iron 4 % DV, Diet Exchange 1/2 Starch + 1 Fat
Don’t miss any of our delicious recipes.
Get them sent to you for free now!
Read more of our easy recipes before you go. Recipe: Creamy Mushroom Soup is from Home Ever After and we originally posted it on January 5, 2011. Disclosure about my relationship with Kraft Foods is here.