Recipe: Chocolate Raspberry Napoleons
Part breakfast pastry, part decadent dessert, this Chocolate Raspberry Napoleons recipe was designed for Home Ever After readers by the creative culinary team at Kraft Foods. Melt-in-your-mouth puff pastry layered with chocolate and raspberries makes this recipe an impressive addition to your brunch dessert tray.
Prep Time: 25 min. | Total Time: 40 min. | Makes: 12 servings.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (1/2 of 17.3-oz. pkg.), thawed
- 7 squares Baker’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 6 oz. (3/4 of 8-oz. pkg.) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) fresh raspberries (about 1-1-/2 cups)
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on lightly floured surface; cut along fold lines into 3 rectangles.
- Cut each rectangle crosswise into 4 smaller rectangles; place on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Melt 6 chocolate squares as directed on package; set aside.
- Beat whipping cream in medium bowl with mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Beat melted chocolate, cream cheese, and powdered sugar in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Whisk in whipped cream.
- Split each pastry rectangle in half.
- Spread each bottom half with 3 Tbsp. chocolate mixture.
- Cover with raspberries and pastry tops.
- Melt remaining chocolate square; drizzle over pastries.
Sweets can be part of a balanced diet but remember to keep tabs on portions. To make this recipe in the version with alcohol, add 2 Tbsp. raspberry-flavored liqueur to the mixture. Nutritional information counts the liqueur as part of the recipe.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 350 calories, 25g total fat, 13g saturated fat, 45mg cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate, 3g dietary fiber, 15g sugars, 4g protein, 10% DV vitamin A, 6% DV vitamin C, 4% DV calcium, 6% DV iron.
Don’t miss any of our delicious recipes.
Get them sent to you for free now!
Read more of our easy recipes before you go. We originally published Recipe: Chocolate Raspberry Napoleons on Home Ever After on December 19, 2010.