Baby Authority recently put out an interesting infographic (picture with information and statistics) about raising a baby. They ask about the pros and cons of spending the big bucks versus going the frugal route (which I do) and saving money wherever possible.
Since many people say the cost of having a baby is one of the main reasons they choose not to have more children, we figured this infographic was worth a look.
Here are my methods:
- Disposable and cloth diapers (we use both)
- Store bought and home made baby food (we use both)
- Regular cribs
- Formula and breast milk (we use both)
- 2nd hand baby products (for the items which are safe the second time around)
- Budget crib bedding
- Family daycare (grandma watches the kids once a year so we can go to a movie!)
- Stay at home childcare – my husband and I are both lucky enough to be at home right now. It’s much cheaper than daycare!
Take a gander at the roadmap of baby spending and saving below and let us know in the comments: which way is best for you and why?