This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Puerto Rico, The All-Star Island. All opinions are 100% mine.
Your summer vacation just turned into a 5-star vacation story waiting to happen! How about scrapping the regular summer roadtrip this year in favor of a vacation to the All-Star Island, Puerto Rico?
If you’re tired of just watching all the top beaches on the Travel Channel and want to experience them for yourself, read on to discover my 10 world class “must do” Puerto Rico vacation activities.
Why Puerto Rico?
I never realized that vacationing in Puerto Rico was so easy. Since Puerto Rico is a U.S. commonwealth, you don’t need a passport to travel there. They use U.S. dollars, so you won’t have to exchange money either.
English and Spanish are both spoken in Puerto Rico, meaning you won’t have to worry about not speaking the language or downloading translator apps for your phone.
You could actually set up a quick trip to Puerto Rico in the next few days, that’s how convenient it is! If you’re not in love with the idea yet, watch this video to see what you’re missing:
10 World-Class Must Do Puerto Rico Vacation Attractions
1. International Chocolate Tasting Festival, May 16-17. First on the list is the International Chocolate Tasting Festival, showcasing the many uses of Puerto Rico’s versatile cacao crop. From the chocolate sculptures to my personal favorite, the choco-spa with cacao beauty products, there’s something to indulge every chocolate lover!
2. Bioluminescent Bays. Puerto Rico has 3 of the world’s bioluminescent bays, which means you’ll see a whole new world glowing under the water. Tiny dinoflagellates (single-celled organisms) in the water give off neon green light so it will look like you’re floating in a fantasy world!
3. Award-Winning Beaches! The stunning coastline puts Puerto Rico’s pristine beaches in the Travel Channel’s top 10, including Flamenco Beach in Culebra.
4. Eating Puerto Rican Scrumptious Food. Foodies will be in heaven with all the exotic cuisine, but let’s not forget the famous Puerto Rican rum, which accounts for 70% of the U.S. supply.
5. El Yunque Rainforest. This is the only United States rainforest, so take advantage of world-class tours to discover its hidden beauty. You can even hike up into the clouds!
6. Caving. For a vacation attraction you really can’t find on your home turf, opt for caving with some cave tours of the underground caverns. Choices include Angeles Cave, Camuy River Cave Park, Arecibo, and more.
7. Historic San Juan. Get your history on by spending a day exploring old San Juan, the ancient Spanish city complete with colonial buildings and museums.
8. Arecibo Observatory. The National Astronomy and Ionosphere Center, or Arecibo Observatory, has a gigantic radio telescope with a reflecting dish which is 1000 feet in diameter. Even if you’re not a scientist, it’s worth seeing the immense setup covering 20 acres.
9. Hang Gliding for Two. What could be more romantic than getting a bird’s eye view of Puerto Rico with your sweetie by your side?
10. Helicopter Tours. Flightseeing is a whole new way to experience the world-class attractions of Puerto Rico. There are many tours to choose from, including helitours and even a champagne sunset sightseeing flight.
Live your own 5-star vacation story in Puerto Rico. Make your must-do list and plan your trip today! To see more beautiful Puerto Rico pictures, Like SeePuertoRico.com on Facebook and Follow @PRTourismCo on Twitter.
Why do you want to see Puerto Rico? Leave your choices in the comments below!