- Are Your White Washcloths Really Still White?Posted 1 day ago
- Win a Dream Vacation to Brazil! #CB2NovogratzBrasilSweepstakesPosted 8 days ago
- Free Baby Carseat Canopy with ShippingPosted 23 days ago
- 6 Red White and Blue Accessories For Patriotic Holidays This SummerPosted 24 days ago
- 11 Beach Ready Spring Purses – Palm Trees, Nautical Stripes & MorePosted 25 days ago
How to Use a Pizza Stone
Do you dream of preparing that perfectly crisp pizza at home so that it comes out just as good as (or better than) your favorite restaurant? If you know how to use a pizza stone you’ll be able to copy their professional quality. A good pizza stone used efficiently by following these simple pizza stone instructions can give you the desired results.
First of all, how do you select a good pizza stone? If you still haven’t purchased a pizza stone, these tips will help you choose the right one.
How to Buy a Pizza Stone
- Pizza stones are available in a round or square shape. If you will use the stone only for heating or preparing pizzas then you can select a round shaped pizza stone. If you wish to experiment with cookies and other items the square one will be better.
- Check the weight of the stone. If it is too heavy for you to carry, it may be a problem as you’ll have to lift the stone in and out of the oven many times. With this in mind, select the one which you are most comfortable lifting.
How to Use a Pizza Stone
Follow these step by step pizza stone instructions to get the best results:
- First, ensure your oven is cold. If not, wait until it has completely cooled down.
- Place the pizza stone in the oven and turn on the oven.
- Heat the oven for a sufficient time until the stone is evenly heated.
- Dust cornmeal on the surface of the pizza stone, in order to avoid the pizza sticking to the stone.
- Then, place the food item on the stone. The pizza or any other food should not be too oily or have too much sauce on it. (The pizza will turn soggy.)
- Once the pizza is done, remove it carefully. You can use gloves or a plastic spatula, but don’t use a knife or any sharp object which will scratch the surface of the pizza stone.
- Let the pizza stone cool down before you take it out for cleaning.
Check out these books about cooking homemade pizza and breads with a baking stone:
How to Clean a Pizza Stone
Apart from following the above pizza stone instructions, maintaining it is also important for best results. The surface of the pizza stone is porous and tends to absorb any substance such as oil or soapy liquids. Never use soap or detergent to clean the pizza stone. These simple steps to clean the pizza stone are sufficient to maintain it well:
- You can clean the surface of the pizza stone with warm or cold water.
- If there are particles which do not get washed away, you can use a use a scraper with soft bristles to brush out the particles.
You are now all set to prepare one of world most beloved foods, the pizza, in your own home. We frugal homemakers are always happy to copy a restaurant dinner at home without paying restaurant prices!
Here are some homemade pizza cookbooks with pizza recipes:
Disclaimer: HomeEverAfter.com contains affiliate links and readers may assume that HomeEverAfter.com receives compensation when affiliate links are used.