Giveaway Terms and Conditions
Please Note: These Giveaway Terms and Conditions apply only to contests and giveaways conducted by IS World Media. They do not apply to contests and giveaways that we publicize that are hosted by other companies or websites. (These rules apply to only our giveaways, not to linked and/or advertised contests for other sites or blogs – they have their own rules.)
1. No purchase necessary. No purchase is necessary to enter our giveaways.
2. Acceptance of Giveaway Terms and Conditions. By entering the giveaway you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. For prizes over $100, winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, and liability/publicity release forms. If you object to or do not agree with any of these Terms and Conditions, please do not enter the giveaway.
3. Method of entry. To enter any giveaway, follow the directions for entry as listed in the giveaway notification. You must provide a valid email address with your entry. There is no limit to how many times you can win or how often you can win our contests. You can only enter once per contest unless specified otherwise.
4. Who can enter? You must provide a valid shipping address. We ship only to the USA (all 50 states, yes – that includes Alaska and Hawaii) unless we specify otherwise in the contest. If you enter or win and you are outside of the specified shipping area, you will be disqualified and a new winner chosen.
5. Prizes. The prize awarded will be as is specifically described in the contest notification.
6. Method of winner determination. All drawings are random unless specified otherwise. In random drawings, randomizer.org will be used to determine the winner. If a drawing is not random, the method of determining the winner will be specified in the contest listing.
7. Dates of giveaway. Time period for entering giveaway is clearly listed in contest notification.
8. Notification and response. Winners will be notified by email. Winner must respond by email within three (3) calendar days of the winner announcement and provide a valid shipping address. If winner has not responded by that time, a new winner will be selected.
9. Disqualification. We reserve the right to remove entries which are believed to be fraudulent or invalid. Disqualification may result from:
a. The failure of a potential winner to respond to email notification within three (3) calendar days after the announcement of winning the giveaway
b. The return of the winning email announcement as undeliverable
c. The return of any communication or prize as undeliverable
d. Non-compliance with the directions for method of entry
e. Other non-compliance with the Terms and Conditions
10. Privacy. We respect your privacy and do not sell contact information to any other company. We may use the winner’s name, prize information, and state/country of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration. We may send entrants notification of future contests via email. You may unsubscribe from these email notifications at any time. Certain prizes are provided by third parties and sponsors not owned by Home Ever After, its parent company IS World Media, or any subsidiaries. We have no control over the privacy policies of these third party sponsors, and your name and mailing address will be provided to them to allow them to ship your prize. While not encouraged to do so, these third parties may use your name and mailing address in accordance with their specific privacy policies, which are not monitored or regulated by IS World Media or its subsidiaries.
11. Prize delivery. Please allow 2-6 weeks for your prize to arrive. We ship items quickly from our office, but some of our prize sponsors take a little while to send out your prizes. If you haven’t received your prize and it has been at least 14 business days since the winner was announced, you can email giveaways(at)HomeEverAfter.com to let us know.
12. Lost or stolen prizes will not be replaced.
13. General Conditions. The following general conditions apply to our giveaways:
a. Void Where Prohibited. The giveaway is void where prohibited, taxed, regulated or where registration is required. All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. We reserve the right to disqualify any participant (for present and future entries) thought to be attempting to disrupt the giveaway.
b. Cancellation. We reserve the right to cancel, suspend or modify the giveaway if fraud, virus or other technical problems or any other factors beyond our control in any way interfere or corrupt the administration of the giveaway.
c. Prohibition of Automated Entries. Any use of automated or programmed methods of effecting entries online is prohibited.
d. Viruses. We are not responsible for communications errors, viruses, worms, or other contaminants that may affect or damage your computer system or data while participating in the giveaway.
e. Release. Except where prohibited, by making an entry, participant releases and holds harmless the Homemaker Barbi company, HB Media, any parent company or subsidiaries, affiliates, and their shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents and the judges (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the giveaway, human or technical errors, or receipt or use of any prize. In no event will IS World Media or its subsidiaries, affiliates, and their shareholders, directors, officers, employees, representatives or agents, be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of the giveaway.
f. Disclaimer of Sponsor Responsibility. Except where prohibited, by making an entry, participant agrees that the Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by the participant or printing errors; (b) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the giveaway; (c) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of Entries; or (d) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participant’s participation in the giveaway or receipt, use or misuse of any prize.
g. Legal. Except where prohibited, by making an entry, participant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the giveaway or any prize awarded, other than the administration of the giveaway or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually and exclusively by the appropriate state or federal court located in Fairbanks, Alaska, USA; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall not include out-of-pocket costs incurred.
d, travel expenses, or attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and sponsor in connection with the giveaway, shall be governed solely by, and construed exclusively in accordance with, the laws of the USA, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the USA or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the USA.
h. Except where prohibited, by making an entry, you hereby waive all rights to royalties, exclusive or non-exclusive rights, titles, and interests, including but not limited to exclusive copyright ownership of each entry.
14. Giveaway Terms and Conditions. To obtain a copy of these Giveaway Terms and Conditions, please print this page.