13 Fun Free Things to Do With Your Kids This Summer
1. Blow bubbles (string and dish soap make tons of fun!).
2. Build a blanket fort in the living room.
3. Climb a tree.
4. Go on an adventure walk around your neighborhood. Take a camera and toy binoculars with you for full impact.
5. Start rock collecting. Look for “crystals”, fools’ “gold”, and cool patterns!
6. Visit the library for story time in the kids’ section. And while you’re there, try #7…
7. Check out some free library books and movies to take home with you.
8. Go to a park. Call some mommy friends, let the kids run free and catch up on grown-up time!
9. Turn on the sprinkler and let ‘em run.
10. Put up a tent in your yard. Day time play, night time sleep… We’re talking DAYS of fun!
11. Ride bikes. Take a short ride or help a new learner practice riding with no training wheels.
12. Free kids’ bowling if you live in one of the 20 qualifying states.
13. Fill up a wading pool with water and colored ice cubes. Just freeze water mixed with food coloring in your ice cube trays for this fun treat!