Entertaining kids on a rainy day with physical activity is a breeze when you have some creative ideas up your sleeve. Print out this list now and save it for a rainy day!
Don’t think that just because the kids can’t run around in the yard they will not be able to get in their daily dose of physical activity. There are many indoor activities for kids that will get them moving and get their heart rate up.
Editor’s Note: If you’re like me, you need your kids to get some physical exercise during the day to keep from getting stir crazy and to allow them to be tired enough for their naps and bedtime.
Physical Acitivities for Kids on Rainy Days
1. Sports in the garage. If you have an uncluttered basement or garage, let the kids go wild playing handball, racquetball or any other activity that keeps them moving in place.
2. Exercise in the kitchen. Even in your den or kitchen you can move the chairs aside and make room for some hula hoops and jump ropes.
3. Kids’ exercise DVDs. Kids’ exercise DVDs are good to get them jumping and moving their bodies.
4. Crazy living room dance party. Just playing loud music and having them dance up a storm will help release built up energy.
5. Hide and seek. Play a game of hide and go seek all over the house to get some movement in.
6. Obstacle course. Set up an obstacle course using household items (pillows, chairs, etc.).
7. Home funhouse. Face 2 chairs across from each other and cover with pillows to create a tunnel to crawl under, line up phone books and step stools for them to climb on, turn pots upside down and let them make their way through by balancing on them.
8. Sock racing. Have slip and slide sock races down the hallway.
What are your best fun physical activities for kids on rainy days? Let us know in the comments!
Family Friday: Time to Share!
Now it’s time for you to share your Family Friday post with the rest of us! If you’re not sure how it works, read the directions and guidelines for Family Friday here.
Please add your family-related blog post below in the Mr. Linky. Remember, you MUST link your post back to HomeEverAfter.com. (If your link was deleted, email us.)