Are you pregnant and can’t wait to know if you’re having a boy or girl? Some people claim to know how to tell your unborn baby’s gender just by looking at your physical appearance. Is there really any way to guess if you’re having a boy or girl without an ultrasound, or are these baby gender predictors just old wives’ tales?
It is fun to see how people tell if you are having a boy or a girl, and take guesses with their own theories and past experiences. These are all mysterious and fun ways of baby gender prediction, but there is no definite way of telling if it’s a boy or girl besides an ultrasound. Although none of these baby gender predictors have any scientific basis, each one is guaranteed to have a 50% chance of being right!
Boy or Girl – Famous Wives Tales for Predicting Baby Gender
Some people swear these methods are the real deal for how to tell if you are having a boy or a girl without having to undergo any medical tests and examinations. Okay, let’s have some fun! Don’t be surprised if you hear 1 (or more) of these methods of predicting your baby’s gender while you’re pregnant:
1. What is the position of your stomach? Are you carrying your stomach high, or has it dropped low? The age old theory says that if you are carrying high it is a girl, and it’s a boy if you are carrying low. However science defies this logic straight out.
2. What color does a sample of your urine turn to when mixed with a small quantity of Drano? Statistics do not prove this method, as the results keep varying. However, it is believed that if your urine turns a darker shade of blue or brown you are having a boy. If it turns shade a greenish brown or blue you are having a girl.
3. How was your morning sickness at the initial stages of the pregnancy? If you used to feel very nauseous through that period then you are having a baby girl. If the nauseous feeling was relatively low you are having a boy.
4. Have you tried the lucky charm test? To perform this baby gender predictor, you hold a charm or a necklace over your stomach, or preferably have someone hold it over your stomach for you. If the charm swings back and forth you are having a boy, and if it moves in a circular motion you are having a girl.
5. What foods do you crave more, sweet things or sour stuff? If you can’t have enough of the chocolates and pastries, you are said to be having a girl. If you crave for the limes and lemons, you said to be having a boy.
6. Do you have a beautiful glow on your face and has it become round and full? The weight gain on the face speaks many stories. Some theories say if you glowing and look rosy you are having a boy, but if you feel bloated then you are having girl.
These are just different ways people through the ages have used to predict the gender of unborn babies. If you are really interested in knowing the gender with a high degree of accuracy, you should have an ultrasound and ask your doctor the all-important question: boy or girl?
To all you moms out there, please let us know your baby gender prediction wives’ tales! What did people tell you when you were pregnant? How did they guess, and were their guesses right? Let us know in the comments!
Family Friday: Time to Share!
Now it’s time for you to share your Family Friday post with the rest of us! If you’re not sure how it works, read the directions and guidelines for Family Friday here.
Please add your family-related blog post below in the Mr. Linky. Remember, you MUST link your post back to HomeEverAfter.com. (If your link was deleted, email us.)