Nessa is a full time wife and mother of two, living the small town life in rural Texas. She loves cooking everything from tried and true recipes to her own wonderful creations. Catch her blogging at Ramblings of a Texas Housewife and on Twitter @Nessa_TX.
One of the challenges that comes with back to school season is packing school lunches. Bologna and cheese sandwiches getting boring pretty fast. Here are four ideas to liven up the kids’ lunch boxes a bit.
4 Unique Back to School Lunch Ideas
1. Pancake Wraps: All you need is a pancake, either store bought or homemade, then the fillings of your choice. A favorite around here is peanut butter on the pancake, with a banana rolled up in it. Peanut butter and nutella with banana is great as well. Strawberries and cream cheese is great. Use your imagination and the possibilities are endless.
2. Geometric Lunch: The idea here is all about shapes. Try to come up with as many combination as you can for a varied menu. Ideas Include:
- cheese cubes
- carrot sticks and carrot coins
- ham cubes
- circular slices of cucumber
- crackers- square, round, rectangles
- meat and/or cheese cut into triangles, circles, etc.
Just think of all the different shapes and foods you can come up with. Little kids love this one!
3. Jack be Nimble Salad (pictured at right)
4. Wraps: This is another one where you can dream up all sorts of possibilities. You can wrap with tortillas or the flat bread type sandwich wraps. A favorite around here is a spinach flat bread spread with onion and chive or garden vegetable cream cheese, cheese, meat, lettuce, and tomatoes. Any type of wrap is a nice change from the ordinary sandwich.
These are some of the things my kids really like to see in their lunch boxes. I hope your kids enjoy them as well!