Nessa is a full time wife and mother of two. She loves stirring up new creations in her country kitchen. Catch her on Twitter @Nessa_TX or check out her blog Ramblings of a Texas Housewife.
The 4th of July is a big event around here! It is the perfect time to have a big get together with family and friends, enjoy some great food, and celebrate our freedom. I wanted to share with you what we will be serving at our big 4th of July party this year. You might want to give some of these yummy recipes a try!
Last Call Jalapenos – These are my personal favorite snack! I look forward to these whenever we cook out. Be sure to wear food prep gloves when working with the jalapenos.
These are one of our favorite snacks. So easy to throw together and very tasty!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 Tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 box saltine crackers
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Mix melted butter, ranch dressing mix, and the cayenne pepper in a small bowl until well blended.
- Place the crackers in the largest bowl you have. Pour the butter mixture over the crackers, then toss and mix with your hands until all the crackers are well coated with the butter and spice mixture.
- Let stand, re-tossing occasionally, until the crackers absorb all the butter and are dry.
- Keep these stored in container with a tight fitting lid.
Pinto Beans – This recipe makes the best pinto beans I’ve ever tasted.
Potato Salad Recipe
This is a great basic potato salad recipe.
- 8 large potatoes, peeled, washed, cubed, and boiled until done
- 3/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons pickle relish, sweet or dill, your choice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl until well combined. Chill until serving time.
Margarita Pie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Combine crushed pretzels and sugar. Add melted butter. Press into a buttered 9 inch pie plate and chill.
- 1 14oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons tequila
- 2 Tablespoons Triple Sec
- 1 or 2 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, tequila, and Triple Sec.
- Add food coloring.
- Fold whipped cream into mixture.
- Pour into chilled crust and freeze for four hours or until firm.
This is my menu plan for the 4th of July. They are all tried and true favorites that my family really enjoys. I hope your family enjoys them as well! Have a happy and safe holiday!
Make sure you subscribe to our free updates so you don’t miss any of Nessa’s great kitchen how to articles and recipes!
Find more cooking articles at Kitchen Tip Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays, and Homemaker Mondays.